Search This Blog

Friday 25 May 2012

Careers - Firefighter

Ken North came in to talk to our class about being a firefighter. Although he was very informative and well spoken, I do not think that being a firefighter is the job for me. It is a very hounorable job, and they have a lot of respect from a lot of people. I just don't believe that it would be a good fit for me. Have to be that physically fit would be a real challenge for me and it would not be enjoyable for me. The risk is also something that comes into play and how it would affect my family. Also firefighters have to be great leadership qualities and although I am not a horrible leader I will admit it is not my strongest skill. All in all it seemed to be a very interesting job and he did a great job at explaining what he does, but it does not look like at this time it will be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment